If you’re anything like me, you not only love to eat great food and drink nice wine, but you also love a great deal! The Capital Grille currently has in their lounge their Wagyu and Wine now through November 18th, 2018. For only $25 you get one burger (normally $19) and a glass of quality wine ($23 per glass)! Plus, the fries have truffle oil and parm, so they’re amazing just by themselves.
I know the girls and I will be using this location as our pre-Blumenthal musical/concert eating location!
(note: I was provided tasting the burgers and wine at no cost, but the opinions are my own.)
For the burgers, you have 3 choices:
1) Caprese-style Wagyu burger (with an heirloom tomato, 15-year aged balsamic, and fresh mozzarella and basil) – * This was my favorite and I will be going back for!
2) Wagyu cheeseburger with Havarti and aged Vermont white cheddar.
3) Caramelized onion wagyu burger with Grand Cru Gruyere and Shallot Aioli
For the wine, you can choose of the following:
1) Villa Antinori, Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany, 2013. – 91 point Old World Sangiovese.
2) Col Solare, Columbia Valley, Washington, 2014 – 94+ point New World Cabernet Sauvignon. (this was my favorite as it was so smooth and jammy.)
3) Antica, Atlas Peak, Napa Valley, 2014 – 93 point New Word Cabernet Sauvignon.
You can mix and match whichever wine you prefer with whichever wine is of your preference.
There is also a new Sunday promotion called “The Butcher and the Baker”, where you can get a three course prix fix menu for $45 per person. This is only being offered at 6 locations, but luckily, Charlotte is one of them!
If you head that way, tell them Kate sent you!