Blue Crab and Artichoke Dip
As they say: When in Rome… Therefore when in Maryland, make Crab Dip! Mom picked up some fresh blue crab lump meat from around the corner from their house while I was visiting them this past weekend. This dish is really easy to make and heavy on the crab (aka: just the way it should be.)
· 16 oz fresh crabmeat, drained
· 1 can artichokes, chopped
· 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
· 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
· 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
· 3 tbsp lemon juice
· 1 tsp hot sauce
1. In a medium bowl, place cream cheese. Heat for about 1-2 minutes, until able to easily stir.
2. To that bowl, add all of the ingredients.
(note: I would recommend trying to find frozen artichokes and roasted them in the oven before chopping them. This wasn’t an option for me, but I think it will add some depth to the dish.)
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold ingredients together in order not to break up the crab into smaller pieces.