Cauliflower and Carrot Puree
This Paleo recipe was very simple and yet switches up a normal dish into something colorful and healthy. Serve with a baked piece of fish or other protein.
· 4 tablespoons butter, divided
· 3 large carrots, coarsely chopped
· 1 medium head of cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
· 4 whole garlic cloves
· 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
· 1/2 cup water
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground pepper
Melt three tablespoons of butter into a large stock pot over medium heat and chopped up veggies.
Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Add the remaining butter and puree using an immersion blender. Salt and Pepper to Taste.
Seen served with Greek-Style Mahi Mahi.