Cod in Olives, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
The brine flavor of the olives is really the driving inspiration of this dish. Feel free to add extra vegetables and use another white fish (such as halibut.) This Greek dish would be wonderful served over pasta or a baked potato.
This was a dish that was really easy to serve for a crowd.
· 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
· 16 ounces Olives, halved (I used a variety of olives, but use whichever ones you prefer.)
· 1 pint mushrooms, quartered
· 4 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
· 2 tablespoons blackened fish seasoning
· 4 tablespoons dry white wine
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Chop up tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, and dill. Place into 13×9 glass baking dish. Pour wine over vegetables.
Place a fish fillets over vegetable mixture. Season fish with blackened fish seasoning.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until the fish is white and flaky.
Movie crew waiting for the fish to cook: