The family that I eat dinner with at least once a month always requests for me to make my guacamole, so I thought to make this dish for Easter dinner. Why not combine the classic deviled egg with my guacamole. This dish was easy to make the day before, then just add the guacamole mixture to the egg white before serving.
· 12 large eggs, hard boiled. (this is a really easy recipe – http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Boil-an-Egg)
· 2 medium avocados, chopped
· 2 tbsp lime juice
· 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
· 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste.)
Cook eggs according to directions above. Halve eggs.
In a small mixing bowl, add 4 egg yolks, avocado, and lime. Use a fork to mash until smooth.
Stir into the avocado mixture the jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, and salt.
Arrange egg white halves. Evenly distribute the ‘guacamole’ mixture into the eggs. (I used a piping bag with no lid. A spoon would work well too.)
Watch out – These will go quickly!
|This is a dish that was passed down to me from my Aunt!|