Cucumber Tomato Salad
Simple and refreshing, this side dish goes well with so many main dishes and other sides. These are two of my favorite summer vegetables, so I will make a larger batch and eat off it throughout the week. Yum!
· 2 cucumbers thinly sliced, quartered into bite sized pieces
· 4 large tomatoes, chopped
|Chopped Heirloom Tomatoes|
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
· 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
· Salt and Pepper to taste.
Prepare vegetables to be bite-sized pieces.
Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, vinegar, and olive oil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
Add chopped basil and dill as well as salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well mixed.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.