Pear-Pecan Feta & Cheddar Cheese Ball
This Thanksgiving, I headed to my best friend’s house to join in a multi-family gathering. Although I offered to help, sometimes, the best way to help is to keep the cook company and bring an already prepared dish (ideally in a container where you don’t need to ask the cook for anything else.) These cheese ball is meant to have the balance of salty and sweet, so feel free to try any cheese you may love: blue, gorgonzola, cheddar, or others.
· 8 ounces (reduced fat) cream cheese, softened
· 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar, fined chopped
· 1 medium firm ripe pear, finely chopped
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
· 1 scallion, green only, finely chopped
· 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
1. Combine cream cheese, feta, pear, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
Take a large piece of plastic wrap and spray with cooking spray. Form the cheese ball inside the plastic wrap, then place in fridge for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days.)
|Easiest way to crush your pecans – beer bottle in a bag!
Before serving, combine pecans and green scallions on a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the pecans and press into to form ball.
4. Serve with crackers or crudités.
Original Recipe http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pear_pecan_cheese_ball.html