I made dish appetizer for my school staff’s end of the year party. I was in the grocery store when I saw some split chicken breasts on amazing sale, knew that one of my teachers loved chicken dips, and knew I had to make a new dip then. I love that with this recipe, you can add a few things to change things up: more heat, more cheese, more ranch, less chicken, or more pico!
As you can see, Nick definitely appreciated the thought behind the dip for him!
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (see note below)
- 1 block of cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups shredded cheese, (such as mozzarella and cheddar), divided
- 2 cup of salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup of ranch
- Small container of pico de gallo (store bought or homemade)
(note: I started with my chicken in the crock pot covered with a jar of salsa. Cooked it overnight and shredded it the next day (or about 8 hours on low.)
In a crock pot, combine cooked chicken, 2 cups shredded cheese, cream cheese, ranch, and 2 cups salsa.
insert photo here
Heat and stir until all cheese is melted through.
Before serving, top with additional cup of cheese and allow to melt. Just before serving, add extra pico on the top.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.