I have to say that one this awesome dish has some of my favorite foods in it: Shrimp, Guac, & Tortilla Chips! Granted, I love shrimp with all dishes: Indian, Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, etc! So when planning this year’s Oscar Party, I decided this was perfect to represent “Roma” (which definitely was not as good The Green Book) Mexican seasoned shrimp, and guacamole layered on blue corn was simple and delicious.
- 18 small to medium sized shrimp (or so)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder & cumin powder combined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup guacamole store bought or homemade
- 18 chips (such a blue corn chips)
- Garnish: Cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Sprinkle the chili powder & cumin over the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque. (Shrimp is so often overcooked, so be very careful to just barely cook and allow to rest while you layer the rest of the ingredients.
- Place 18 chips on a serving platter. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of guacamole onto each one.
- Place a shrimp on top of each. Garnish with cilantro (optional.)
One Reply to “Mexican Shrimp Bites”