This dip is one of those things that we seem to always have in the house! I actually had some leftover baked potatoes from earlier in the week, and when I was trying to brainstorm a party app, I knew this would be on point. Who doesn’t love creamy mashed potatoes topped with melted cheese and bacon? Right? Perfect and super easy!
- 4 baked potatoes, skins removed and mashed
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked till crispy and chopped
- 2 green onions, green tops cut thinly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, and warmed milk. Stir until combined. (adjust seasoning, milk or cheese/sour cream if needed at this point.)
Layer potato mixture into a baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese & crumbled bacon.
Bake for 30 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and top with sliced green onions. Serve with crispy potato chips (for an extra bite of potato!)
2 Replies to “Loaded Potato Dip”
Reblogged this on BRUT IMPERIAL ANTARCTICA.