So this original recipe comes from one of my best https://cltfoodbloggers.com/ friend: https://sliceofjess.com/! She recommend this recipe for a family member who could use some cancerously healthy recipes. So this is mainly her recipe, so check her out:
- 1 large sweet yellow onion
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (10oz) bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs or 1 tsp dried thyme.
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup Milk or Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. salt (+ more to taste)
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- Bacon, garnish (optional)
- Croutons for serving (optional)
- Cut onion into slices and mince the garlic. In a large stockpot over medium heat, sauté the onion in butter until fragrant and brown (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add cauliflower rice and garlic, then sauté for another 4-5 minutes until the cauliflower rice is cooked and softened.
- Pour stock into the pot with two thyme sprigs and bring to a boil for 10 min.
- Remove from heat, add sweet paprika and salt. Using an immersion blender, blend soup together until smooth.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with parsley and additional fresh herbs.
- Optional toppings – crispy bacon pieces (optional) and croutons.
Recipe Notes: You can easily swap fresh cauliflower florets in place for the frozen cauliflower rice. Simply roast in a 450F oven for 15 minutes prior to adding in at step 3. I have also found that if you roast the garlic beforehand, it adds an extra depth of flavor.
Make sure you check out: https://sliceofjess.com/