Fresh Corn, Black Bean, and Red Pepper Salad
Fresh corn on the cob is a pleasure to enjoy in the summer. I love to mingle all the fresh, seasonal vegetables in light dishes.
When buying corn at the market or store, the husks should be bright green and tight around the corn. The kernels should be plump up to the tip of the corn. Peel back the husk and take a look before buying.
Serve this as a side dish, appetizer, or even mix with some guacamole for another variation.
· 3 large ears of corn, husked (Corn, Red peppers, cilantro, and orange from Backyard Produce
· 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1/2 cup red peppers, diced
· 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 orange, juiced
Cover pot and bring cold, unsalted water just to a boil on high heat. (Salt toughens the corn.) Add husked corn and bring water back to a boil. Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly and cut off the kernels. Place in a bowl.
Add rinsed black beans, red peppers, and cilantro.
To make the dressing, whisk olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, and cumin. Mix with vegetables and serve.