Creamed Spinach Bites
- 15 mini phyllo shells (such as Athens)
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons half and half
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, very thinly shaved
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Arrange phyllo shells in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4 minutes or until lightly browned and very crisp.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant but not browned, stirring frequently.Add chopped spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, tossing frequently.
Sprinkle spinach mixture with salt; toss well.Stir in half-and-half and cream cheese; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts and sauce is thoroughly heated.Remove pan from heat.