First, I have to admit, this was supposed to be a soup. Since this was the first time I made the recipe, the recipe below is a noodle dish, however, if you want to make it a soup, just double all of your liquids, or halve the noodles. Honestly, I would be great either way!
I absolutely loved how quick this recipe was, and was a hit at cooking club this month. Plus, it’s gluten free!
- 2 tablespoons (coconut) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breast or thighs, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 6 oz. dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
In a large pot over medium heat, add the (coconut) oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes, just until the chicken turns opaque.