Israeli Couscous Salad
This is a great picnic salad that is a unique twist on a pasta salad. You can easily take this as a basic recipe and either change your vegetables, or change out your pasta shape. Serve with a red checkered picnic table cloth.
|Dried Israeli Couscous,
also known as Pearl Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Directions:Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add couscous and cook about 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well. . Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Whisk oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add couscous, cucumber, tomatoes, and basil; season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired, and toss to combine. Serve chilled.