Indian-spiced Salmon Skewers with Raita
This salmon dish was not only easy, but it made the crowd, who didn’t all like salmon, very happy! The seasonings are vibrant and the fish is very tender. Because it’s also on skewers, it’s a great way to use the odd parts of the salmon, like the non-steak pieces/tail.
The naan here was super simple too: 2 ingredients: Greek Yogurt and Self-Rising Flour. recipe for 2-ingredient-naan-flatbread-garlic-naan
- Ingredients: Salmon filets – 1 lbs
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1.5tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
- Thick yogurt – 3 tbsp
- Lime – 1 tbsp
- Low sodium soy sauce – 1 tsp (optional, great for adding color rather than flavor)
- 2 zucchini, cut into large pieces
- butter – 1 tbsp, melted
- Cut fish into 2″ thick chunks . Squeeze the juice from half a lime over the fish. Rest for 5 minutes. Then wash the fish thoroughly, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fish with all the spice powders, ginger garlic paste, salt, yogurt, lime juice and soy sauce. Make sure the pieces are coated thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 4-5 wooden skewers in water and pre-heat the oven to 400 deg.F.
- Thread fish and pieces of zucchini alternately onto the skewers without any gap in between the pieces. (This is pretty messy, but it also helps get the marinade on the zucchini pieces as you thread.)
- Place the skewers over a roasting rack or a foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes, turning them over once midway. Baste with melted butter and broil for the last 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately or keep warm lightly wrapped in foil till ready to serve.
Original Recipe: http://www.happyandharried.com/2016/09/14/spicy-salmon-tikka/